« Orange Sky & Ash in VenturaANIMATR »
8 comments
Comment from: Kathryn

Thanks for your time and effort on this one. I am especially appreciate the fact that you cited your sources rather than simply asking us to trust you over the anonymous e-mailer. Very professional.

Permalink Permalink Comment Posted: Jun 24, 2007 @ 10:12 PM
Comment from: Jann

Thankyou for checking out and separating fact from fodder! What a great site you have - will visit it again. :]4

Permalink Permalink Comment Posted: Jun 28, 2007 @ 9:37 PM
Comment from: kirk

thanks! people are posting this everywhere like its true.

Permalink Permalink Comment Posted: Jun 29, 2007 @ 9:18 AM
Comment from: Lars

I added this blog to CELLIFY so it can be read by anyone with a regular mobile phone. Just enter the address
‘clfy.net/josh’ in the phone’s web browser and check it out.

Permalink Permalink Comment Posted: Jul 02, 2007 @ 11:56 AM

AUSTIN - An e-mail hoax warning of fake new traffic laws and huge fines in Texas has prompted thousands of calls and e-mails to the state Department of Public Safety.The e-mail, which DPS spokeswoman Tela Mange said is entirely false, warns of drastic increases in fines for violations as of July 1 and that Texas drivers are now required to use hands-free devices for their cell phones while driving."The phones started ringing off the hook Friday morning,” Mange said.The e-mail, which has apparently made its way to thousands of inboxes across the state, claims to be a list of new traffic laws.It claims an incorrect lane change could result in a $380 fine. Drivers, it says, must use a hands-free cell phone device or face a fine of $285. Driving more than 3 mph over the speed limit will lead to a speeding ticket, the e-mail said.

After getting flooded with calls, DPS posted a public alert on its Web site warning the e-mail is a hoax.

The Legislature did not pass any new laws limiting cell phone use in cars, and most of the traffic laws legislators approve take effect Sept. 1.

Among the new laws that really take effect are new vision and driving tests when drivers 85 and older renew their licenses, and a person ticketed for driving 95 mph or faster will not be allowed to take a driving safety course to get the ticket dismissed.

Mange said Tuesday that officials believe the hoax started in California. She said officials can do little to stop it other than get the word out that it is fake.

“The Internet is a beautiful thing except when people use it for misinformation,” Mange said.
————–
juliana
DUI

Permalink Permalink Comment Posted: Nov 16, 2008 @ 9:35 PM
Comment from: mobile phone

A lot of these prices are really high just for infractions. While I can understand officers wanting to enforce the law, I will say that the prices and inf ractions can be quite high,a lthough the DUI, I can kind of understand.

Permalink Permalink Comment Posted: Jun 28, 2010 @ 3:37 PM
Comment from: Local Mobile Monopoly

To me cellphone use should be on your driving record for ten years as well and should be carrying the highest fine. One may think lightly about the hazards of cellphone use but people die because of it. Whatever the email was for no cell phones while driving.

Permalink Permalink Comment Posted: Feb 20, 2011 @ 8:41 PM
Comment from: tylergreen2011

Has everyone got this email forwarded to them? I even got it forwarded to me by official military channels. As with any email forward I get looks to be taking over the world.Usually the first stop is Snopes where they say it’s totally false.Is that Hoax email? OMG!

Permalink Permalink Comment Posted: Jun 28, 2011 @ 12:34 AM
I want to look in the mirror and wonder,
"who is that person? I've never seen that person before;
I've never seen anyone like that before."